Apologies on taking a while to post an update. It has been a
crazy past couple of days and I have a lot to update on. And a little bit of
time to do it. Right now I am chilling in the Riddering’s main area with the
house all to myself and the power out. Mike and Amy are in Ouaga picking up Ruth
and Delaney is over at the orphanage have a slumber party with Anne and Judith.
I was just over there and we had dinner and watched a movie together. It was a
fun time, especially since it was just us young missionaries hanging out.
Anyways, I don’t remember exact details about these past few
days but I will give you the highlights and a couple of lowlights as well.
Friday night I got my first opportunity with some African evangelism! It
started at 6 and lasted until 2 in the morning. It was a long full night that
was a whole lot of fun! It had rained the night before so the roads were not in
prime condition. But we traveled through mud and puddles in the truck and got
to the village. A church is just starting up there and the pastor had us set up
a film to be played. The night started with us setting up a not so high techbmovie
system with a projector and a sheet tied to two big logs. Pastor Valentine
played some African Christian music and that got the village to come out andf
see what was going on. A film about occultism and how Jesus saves was then
shown to the people. They had an altar call and prayed for sick people. About
20 kids came up for the altar call and about 20 adults came up to be prayed for healing. It
was very cool! I even got the honor to start off the evening in prayer for the
whole village. It was a great night where God was truly present!
Saturday was a fun day where we ended up taking the kids swimming.
It was a little difficult to get there because a couple of the kids had skin
infections so we had to tell them they could not swim. They were not too happy
about it. But they finally understood. We made our hour trip to a hotel in the
northern part of the country. Once we got there the kids were told they couldn’t
swim in what they were wearing. We ended up making it work though by giving up
some of our clothes and finding swimsuits in the hotel. It was such a great
time and luckily no one drowned!!
Once we got back home I was not feeling too well. I ended up
throwing up. Gross I know. And sleep was very difficult too. But the next
morning I was feeling a little better but still had to miss church. I read my
Bible and played a game on the computer and took a nap. Then I went to a lay
and pray meeting for the kids in the church. It was a good time where the
children learned about Noah.
The time here has been so great! And God is so present and
working in this whole town and in each of the people. Tomorrow is completely
open so I am hoping to be able to spend a lot of time in prayer and in the Word
for the town.
No comments:
Post a Comment