I am sitting here Wednesday morning trying to remember
everything that has gone on these past 2 days. It has been a great time full of
adventure. It has been a chilly couple of days only getting up to around 90 or
so, which has been absolutely incredible!
Monday and Tuesday during the daytime were not too eventful.
The older boys were studying for their big test and the rest of the kids were
just being lazy since they are off school for a couple of days. I am not sure
why they are off school. So I have been spending that time in worship, prayer,
and reading the Word. It is more and more evident how much this town just needs
people praying for it to loosen the chains of the enemy and bring about God’s
kingdom. It was a great time of praying for the town, although sometimes I can
get distracted with other things. I am going to ask a couple of the people in
the orphanage if they want to go around and pray for the town with me this
weekend. It will be exciting to get the kids involved and just teaching them
the importance of prayer for their own city.
Monday and Tuesday evenings were a little different from the
day. After a delicious barbeque chicken dinner made African style (which was so
good! Only 5 dollars for a whole chicken with some special spices. Mike buys
from the same Muslim guy in order to build ties), we went back to the
orphanage. On the way back we stopped with a couple of kids at a store. While
at the store there is a mentally insane lady. She doesn’t have shirt on and
yells about who knows what. The short time we were there I prayed for her and God
has constantly been reminding me to pray at random times throughout the day for
her that she may be a testimony to God’s goodness and power. And the rest of
Monday night was bonding time with a couple of my favorite boys, Eduard and
Josue. These guys are about 16 or 17 years old and are the funniest and
greatest guys ever. I want to spend a night in one of their villages while I am
there. They always say how great it would be if that happened, but no one ever
does it. So I am really hoping I can.
Last night was an interesting one. There was the prayer
meeting and bible meeting that the kids had in the orphanage. They talked about
having God’s Word engraved on our hearts. It was great! Afterwards we talked a
little with the kids and we were going to play a game with them but they were
punks and did not want to. While we were waiting to see if they wanted to play
the game, Judith went to go talk to one of the boys about why he has been
acting the way he has lately. He has been stealing and claims he has been
hearing voices to tell him to steal. We are not sure if he is lying (cause he
often does) or if he is being serious. While Judith was talking to him, Anne,
Delaney, and I prayed for the boy and the conversation going on. Judith came in
later and said how the conversation went and said he asked if Judith could pray
for him after they got done talking. So she did. And when she came back inside
we prayed some more. After we got done praying, we had a nice game of hide and
go seek in the missions house at the orphanage. It was so fun and we were
covered in dirt by the end of the night!
This morning I am starting off with some AW Tozer and a
little bit of praying for the day. I am excitd to see what God has for me
today.
Oh and also happy birthday to my friend Megan! I am pretty
sure it was her birthday yesterday. So Happy Birthday!
Please be praying for the boy that Judith talked to the
other night. It is the main thing that needs prayer right now. And the next
thing is for the mentally insane lady. That she may have a clear mind and come
to know Jesus.
And I just found out that so far all of the kids that just took
their test to get out of 10th grade passed!! A few of them have
taken it before and failed, but now they are finished and happily moving on to
11th grade!!! (we are still waiting to find out about 1 more girl)
No comments:
Post a Comment