Wednesday, June 13, 2012

10th Grade Grads!!

So today was a great day for our kids. 7 of them took an exam a couple days ago. And if they passed they would go onto the 11th grade. If they did not they would have to repeat 10th grade (and many of them have failed it before). All 7 of them passed!! WHich is amazing to hear. When we found out the whole orphanage was smiling, lauging, and dancing to the drums playing! It was so much fun!

That was the highlight of the day. I also spent some time in the Word and prayer for the town. There was a little bit of physical labor too when i helped the kids pick up trash all around the orphanage. It was an uneventful day. One of the toughest things to get used to is the idea of African time, where everything is slower and more relaxed. I want to constantly be doing something for these people, but often I can't. I just need to sit back and pray and wait for opportunities.

Tonight I had to deal with the patience. It has been pouring rain for 3 hours now and because of the rain, we can't go over to the orphanage. So after listening to a sermon on Phillipians 3, Delaney and I made a fort in one of the back rooms. It was a lot of fun and we got to talking about life and the Burkinabe culture. She is pretty awesome and I am glad to be able to spend time with my Riddering family on the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment