Saturday, June 16, 2012

2 Weeks

Wednesday morning when I went to the orphanage we found out that all 7 kids passed their BEPC exam that allows them all to move on to the 11th grade. Never has it happened that every kid in the orphanage that took the test has passed it. The whole orphanage went crazy with people dancing to djembes, crying, and smiling. It was an awesome sight. The rest of Wednesday was spent congratulating and also spending time in the Word and with the kids. And Wednesday night Delaney and I mdae the bet fort ever while we were stuck inside because of the streets flooding with rain.

The rest of Thursday was used to spend time with some of the older kids since they would be leaving soon as well as saying bye to Anne and Judith for 5 days and hello to Ruth and the new couple of short term missionaries that arrived. It is nice to have Ruth back here!

Yesterday, Delaney and I went on an adventure where we toured a lot of the outskirts of Yako. We saw smaller villages and also just learned more about those villages just from observing. It was a 2 hour moto adventure where we got pretty sun burnt. It was fun to just sing worship songs to God as I rode along.

After talking to Ruth I found out it is completely ok to go into the hospitals and ask if people want prayer. So in the next couple of days that is the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment