Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bride of Christ and my German Friends

Tuesday was a fun day of preparing a sermon on the Bride of Christ. It was a great time of rediscovering how Jesus sees his church. Although I am not the best speaker I think I conveyed the message well and God spoke to everyone who was listening. Thank the Lord that He is powerful enough to use a stuttering, mumbling, 20 year old college kid to preach to on-fire Africans. After I preached I went back to the house to spend time with Anee, Delaney, and Judith. We played some hide-and go seek and watched a movie. Actually, I watched the movie as they fell asleep. It is fun to be able to have some free time to take a break from the grind of ministry. I woke up this morning and got ready to go on a trip with Pastor Valentine to a bunch of different villages to prepare them for the distributions on Saturday and just see how the Christians were doing in the villages. I am learning a lot about how to disciple people and make sure they are staying close to the Lord especially in places where there are not a whole lot of other Christians are present. Also while on the moto ride I saw metal poles in the form of crosses and mudbricks in front of them. I soon figured out that these were church meeting and the mudbricks were the seats. It was pretty humbling to see. After I went on the moto adventure talking to people I got a nice little sunburn. And to make it better I went back outside to only make it worse. Judith, Anne, and I went out into the bush to worship. It was so great being able to worship in the open air with a couple of other missionaries. They are so cool! I am sad that they are leaving in a little over a week. But we are going to be all hanging out a lot before they leave!

Pleasebe praying for one of our boys who had an outburst of tears and pain for a reason that was said to be a mental breakdown. Also be praying that God will use my sermon on Friday about the Great Commission to spark a desire to witness to the people of the town.

Thank you for your prayers and support!

1 comment: