So it has been 3 weeks since I have gotten here and this past week has been so busy and so much fun. I have not been able to get on the internet recently because of not having a computer and being so busy. And because of that the days have all kind of been jumbled together and I forget everything that has happened. But I will give you the big highlights of these past few days.
Yesterday we did a food distribution to 2 different towns. And it was very impactful for the people who received their grain. Last year there was a drought that caused crops to be pretty low and then this specific time is a time with less food for people. So any food they can come across is a blessing. And they were so blessed by the food they received. I also gave a short preaching about how God is our provider and it isn't about our physical needs being met but our spiritual needs. It went pretty well! There is a picture on my facebook profile of it. And aftter we did our first distribution a group of us climbed up a "mountain" (or steep hill). It was so much fun and Pastor Valentine was acting like an excited kid climbing the mountain. I can't even explain the joy for me and for the poeple at the distribution.
Friday was spent preparing for my sermon on the Great Commission. I really tried to listen to the Lord and He came through that night. It turned out to be one of the best sermons I have given. I think the people were very impacted! Friday earlier in the day Judith, mself, and a new short term missionary named Kimberly went on a prayer walk through the whole town. It was so awesome! And so powerful too!
It has been a great past couple of days and it is nice to relax a little bit because I have been so worn out from preaching. But I am excited for next Sunday and next weekend to Ouaga where I will get to preach again and go to an all night long prayer meeting!
Please be praying for another one of our boys because he thinks he has been having demonic attacks. So pray that God will protect him.
And also be praying for the older boys who are taking final tests!
Today is Judith;s birthday so we are having a big party tonight!
These blogs are great! Glad I found 'em
ReplyDelete