Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Too Many Nasaras

Nasara (noun)-A white person in Burkina Faso.

Today I saw 16 Nasaras in one room. And yes I was at the orphanage. There was a group that was finishng up their 2 week mission trip of giving out grain. They were being led by a man who goes around Burkina and drills wells. It was nice to just speak English to some people that I didn't know. They had just gotten back from the Southwest corner of Burkina (where I would like to do work in the future) and they said that they mentioned the name Jesus and the people there had never heard of Him before. THey asked if He was a French man. So it was heart breaking to hear. But it also made me excited that God is placing me there in the future. But be praying that these people are able to hear the Gospel and that Jesus has His throne there. The people I met were very nice but they only stayed for an hour.

After they left, we went on a prayer walk. I was frustrated by some things durng the prayer walk, but I am excited to go to the hospitals tomorrow. God helped prepare my heart and lay down a covering of prayer over the town before doing ministry tomorrow! God is really doing a lot here in just a few weeks and it is hard  imagine life not in Burkina.

Yesterday was a time that I used to rest. I had been so taxed and worn out from ministry that I used yesterday to sit in the Word and get rejuvinated.

Be praying for the ministry that I am doing in the hospitals tomorrow. That God would come in power to the people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment