Sunday, July 1, 2012

So Many THoughts with Such Little TIme

These past 4 or 5 days have been filled with God'swork and also some difficult times. THursday Judith, ANne, and I went to the hospital and got to pray for the sick. We also got to show the love of God by bringing a mango for each sick person we prayed for. We faced a little cpmplication though when a group of Muslim men gave us a hard time. They pretended to not understand us when we asked them a question and were just being cruel. It was fine thoug and God blessed our time. We did not see any on the spot healing s but we are believing that God is still going to move.

On Friday we left Yako to go to the capital city of Ouagadougou. It was a fun trip and we went to a 8 hour overnight prayer service that we thougt was going to be wonderful. And it was until some of us got sick. Anne and Delaney were not feeling well and have been sick since late Friday night. But they are getting better and God is healing tem. It was cool being apart of the prayer meeting though. And I got to be a part of a big African dance where we worshipped God. It was pretty cool! Saturday came along where Delaney and Anne were at the missions base in OUaga and Judith and I went to hang out with the orphanage kids who came to the overnight prayer meeting) which had about 10000 people attend). We were going to try to go swimming with them but it did not work out. Just like everything that day. We were stuck at a bus station for 3 hours. I almost got hit by a car. One of the boys almost got into a fight. And we ended up not being able to do much with the kids. But it was ok. It was a time of realiying that even though our plans do not alwaxys qork out. God is still good.

Today was a lot better. I woke up and was at the church for 9 hours. From 8 am to 5 pm. I spoke at the church on the cahracteristic of God's goodness, It was a lot of fun! And it went pretty well. We had to say goodbye to some of the older kids cause they would be gone for the rest of the summer. But once we got back to the missions base I saw a man who was walking with crutches and asked if I could pray for him. He agreed and God met Him. He did not have any healing from what he said but he told me that he was impacted with the kindness of GOd! Which was so great to hear.

ANd tonight we went to go get burgers and rench fries. WHich was so good to have! It was the first time I had some sort of american food in a month and it was incredible. Anne and Delaney are feeling better and I am sitting in their room as all the girls are asleep. SO I should probably head out and let them have their room to themselves. Anne and Judith are leaving tomorrow and I have beocme such good friends with them. I love them and will miss them!

Be praying for God to show up in healing power when I continue to visit the hospitals. Also pray that the Holy SPirit will spark a refreshing presence in me so that I will not be running on fumes.

I also wanted to say how much I miss my family, my friends, and my wonderful girlfriend. I love you all. And thank you to my supporters for prayer and everything! You are great1

1 comment: