Sadly, last night my Germans left me. I have loved spending time with them so much and both of them have become such good friends. I am sad to say I will not see them for a long time. But I will definitely see them sometime. They are awesome women of God and made a huge impact here in Burkina. They also are the best French teachers I have ever had.
Yesterday I spent my whole day with those crazy Germans, while Delaney went to a clinic in Ouaga to get checked out. It was a fun last day where we did not do anything too exciting. But I got to take them to the airport with Marian and David (a married couple that helps head up SIM, a mission in Burkina). It was sad to see the girls go, but at the airport and on the way back to the mission base I got to talk to David and Marian about how I want to do work here permanently. They loved hearing about it and were telling me just about raising a family and living their lives in a foreign country. It was so cool to hear people who have done this already!
As for Delaney, she is a trooper. She is fighting an infection and is getting better. But she is still "suffering" in an air conditioned room with people bringing her food and her getting to be on the computer all day. But she is really being strong and dealing with a lot of pain. And I am sad to see her go through it. I left her and Mike and Amy today. And my French was put to the test as I had to buy tickets from Ouaga to Yako and then figure out where to go and everything. It all worked out and I made it home to Yako. But I am the only one in the Riddering home besides Apple (the amazing wonder dog). I tried cooking dinner and I wanted to really go for something extravagant. I attempted making this baked pasta with potatoes and onions. I made up the recipe as I went along. It tasted decent but I may die of food poisoning. We will see.
But I got to say hello to all the kids when I got home and it was funny watching them run up and hug me even though I had only been gone 4 or 5 days. I really love them all! I now am going to head to bed and tomorrow I am going to hang out at the orphanage and prepare for my sermon on Sunday as well as get some French study in. I have been loving this trip and can say that I have been learning so much as what it means to be a future missionary. I was prophesied over that this trip would be a time of preparation. And that is exactly what it is! It has also been a time of impacting people. So I am just getting overwhelmed by God while I have been here. I would like a little more personal fruitfulness with Jesus though. I really want to feel His presence and know Him better.
Please be praying for Delaney that she would be healed. Pray for personal fruitfulness in my time with God. Pray for Judith and Anne that they have a safe transition back into German life.
Thank you again for everyone who is following and keeping up with praying. I love you all!
Hey man just catching up with the last few days and wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you and thankful for you to have this opportunity! Praying for you this morning.
ReplyDelete- Kale