Monday, July 9, 2012

Africa Time

So one thing about Africa is that it is nowhere near as busy as it is in America. They call it Africa time. I am still trying to get used to Africa time. And I am still trying to get used to the fact that I am not going to start a revival every single day. Or I won't be John the Baptist here. I am learning that knwoing a language is a vital aspect too. My French has gotten a lot better and I can communicate with people but I can't have deep conversations. These past few days I have not gotten to do as much as I would have liked to.

Awesome things have happened and God is moving. I just wish I was more a part of it. Three lives have been saved thanks to Sheltering Wings. A baby and her mom were both very malnourished and during a clinic the baby and mom were brought to the orphanage for medical care. And also a mother died while giving birth and Sheltering Wings ahs taken in the baby! It has been cool seeing these lives saved! I am happy that I can witnes it.

As for what I have been doing, I have spent a lot of time praying in the orphanage, running errands for the missionaries here, and working at kids Bible classes. I took a 20 minute moto ride out to a village called Doure to drop off supplies for a Bible class and then drove back amd went to the Bible class for the kids at our church. The class then got postponed because of some intense rain that made all of the roads turn ino rivers (which was quite fun trying to get back to the orphanage).

I also have been spending a lot of time with the kdis since they are going to be leaving in a week for their village. I am sad that they are leaving!

And I also am starting up preaching some more. This Friday I am going to be leading a Bible Study probably on the Unity of the Body of Christ. And Sunday talking on the True Vine (Abiding in God). And then the next Suday I will probably be going through the life of John the Baptist!

Be Praying for: God to provide stuff to do this week, God to move on the Church body to move into evangelizing, and God to give patience when I am feeling there is nothing to do

No comments:

Post a Comment