Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life Without the Kids

It is interesting how different one part of a trip can be from another. The first month and a half of this trip was filled with adventure and I felt like there was never a dull moment. This last half of the trip I am struggling to find things to do.

I truly love Yako and Burkina but it is much different being a short term missionary over a long term. Long term missionaries constantly have their work and know exactly what to be doing. SHort term missionaries are constantly trying to find wok and aren't a neccessity to each day. I have been learning this a lot this past week.

The bulk of my time this past week has been preparing to talk about how the life of John the Baptist should be an example of how we should live. I will be talking on that tomorrow. I am very excited for it too. I still have a good bit of work to do though on it.

Rain makes things difficult too. Because being outside is a big part to doing missions here in Burkina, rain does not help. It is so good for crops but I can't do prayer walks or talk to people in the villages.

Its not like I am not doing anything. I just wish I could be doing more. I got to go to a medical clinic today. It was great to see how big of a difference the mission here makes just in weekly checkups and medicine distribution. I also got to take one of our boys back to the village today. It was great being able to say bye to him but also sad because he was the jokster of the orphanage, and it will be sad to see him leave.

The evangelism meeting ended up not happening but a prayer walk is happening again tomorrow which I am excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment