Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fundraising Dinner

Last night my sister and I had a dinner to help fund raise for our upcoming trips to Burkina. We had about 35 people come out. And through those 35 people, the helpers, and the other generous givers to the fundraising dinner specifically, we miraculously raised about 3 times what we were expecting. It was a fun night since some of my closest friends came out to help. I also got to meet some wonderful people who barely knew me but were willing to help out with what God is calling me to. After dinner and dessert, me and my sister talked about what we were planning on doing for each of our trips. Just talking about my plans in front of a bunch of supporters made me so happy and excited to go! These past couple of days I have never been so thankful for people in my life. I have fellow Christians who are willing to support me in my adventures to Africa and in my life.

Just writing this post I am so overjoyed. I talked to the Harris family. I have known them for a little bit of time now, and Roben and Luke are the greatest couple ever. They have 6 children and 3 of them are adopted. They truly have a love for God and love for people. They are such a role model for me. Their relationship is amazing and still act like they are 20 year olds. I love them.

And now I want to say how thankful I am for the Jones and Riddering family. These 2 families have adopted me as another one of their sons. I am welcome over to their house anytime I want and they are always willing to help me. Last night Kathy Jones and most of her boys helped out my family with the dinner. They sacrificed time and a lot of energy to help me out. Ben was the hardest and cutest worker. I am so happy that I can call him one of my 3 best friends. (His brother Jake is one of my others). I could go on about the Jones family but my fingers may fall off. Now for a little bit on the Ridderings. I have been a part of that family since I was 9. And they have been praying for me and wanting the best for me since then. I just found out today that Jojo, who is 17 now, used to pray for me to be saved every night. I started tearing up when I heard this. And for those of you who know me I am not a big crier. I love Jojo and his prayers were answered. Jeff and Tammy are the best as well. They have been my spiritaul parents. Continually guiding me, and helping me with whatever I need. I love them.

As for my friends, I have some great ones. And Ben, Lauren, Tim, and Ani are great. They helped me with my dinner last night and were true servants. (although me and Tim messed around and didn't help too much at the end). I love these 4 a whole lot. I am so happy that I have grown so close to each of them over the past year. They mean the world to me and I am sad that I have to part from them for this summer.

Overall I am possibly the most blessed person in the world. Thank you Jesus for gracing me and loving me.


No comments:

Post a Comment