Monday, May 7, 2012

To Study or Not to Study

I work at the Gries Hall security desk. And normally I do homework at that time. And since it is finals week that would be the perfect opportunity to study right? Wrong. Yesterday I had 3 people pray over me about missions work. One thing I was told was that God gave me a vision that I need to hold on to and he is going to start revealing details to me. It got my heart burning more for the fame of Jesus among the nations, and to know the details that God is going to reveal. I also have been reading about this guy named Dalton Lifsey. He used to be at the Taraunga House of Prayer in New Zealand and now he is going to start doing missions work in another part of the world. He is so passionate about Jesus and making Jesus' name known. He truly is a man that is passionately in love with God and wants people to know this amazing man named Jesus Christ. You guys should check out his website. http://daltonthomas.org/ But anyways. Dalton has been really inspiring me recently, and has made me focus on being so in love with God that I would do anything, even leaving my comfortable home in America and living in a place where I could be martyred (Dalton's new book Unto Death is coming out in the summer. check it out).

So all of this to say, I skipped out on studying today when I was working because I was on the website Joshua Project. Staring at all of the unreached areas in the world, I was amazed. The East, Middle East, and Africa are overflowing with unreached people groups. And there is one particular part of the country I am going to this summer that is almost completely unreached. In the southwest corner of Burkina Faso, there are many people groups that have never heard the name of Jesus or accepted Him. One particular group are the Jula. They are widespread in the area, but are an unreached people group that are on my heart. I do not know if this place is where I am supposed to go when I go into full time missions or if it is someplace I am going to go to for a little bit this summer. But I know right now my heart burns for these people. Check out Joshua Project and pray for people to know the beautiful man Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment