Saturday was a day of sickness. During the day Delaney was not feeling well and Saturday night into Sunday morning, Mike pretty much died. But he is back to life again. I was not feeling as well that day too so I took it easy and prayed most of the day. And then I attempted to play soccer too. My soccer skills are very poor but are getting better. It is fun to bond with the kids and play with them in soccer.
So Saturday night I had fallen asleep kind of early because I was going to go with Mike to church early in the morning. At midnight Mike knocked on my door saying I would have to preach because he was so sick. Luckily I had prepared a sermon earlier about the Beauty and Worthiness of Jesus. I still woke up early on Sunday to pray and prepare some more. The sermon went pretty well. I gave Pastor Jean Marie his camera. He held up the camera and the whole congregation clapped and was so happy! After church Jean Marie made me drink a liter and a half of Coke and also fed me a wonderful egg sandwich lunch. We then talked about evangelizing to Burkinabe. We talked about the Great Commission, the importance of Israel, the conflict going on in Mali, discipling, and so much more. It was a great 4 hour conversation! After the conversation I took some time to rest because I was so exhausted. Soon after I went to the market with my official best friend for the next 2 months (Delaney) and got some awesome fabric for a shirt for myself and my beautiful friend at home (Wimmy Tiggins). I played some more soccer after that and also got dinner for the Riddering family. My French is slowly getting better, but it is still a big struggle.
This morning was another busy and wonderful day. I woke up to say goodbye to one of the boys I am closest to(Achille). He left this morning at 830 for his village and I will hopefully see him before I leave! Mike and I are going to try to make a trip to his village and spend the night! After saying goodbye to Achille I prepared a sermon for tomorrow night on the Great Commission. I will be speaking tomorrow night, Friday night and Saturday during the day. Saturday I will be tlaking to non-Christians about God being our living hope and how He provides. So I need God to really work in me and speak His Word to me these next few days. I also got to talk to one of the older boys today about my desire to be a missionary. I gave him my testimony and we shared stories about the power of prayer. It was such a good talk and I can't even come close to telling of how great the talk was. God was truly present and I got to minster to him (his name is Lazarre) and help speak God's word to him. And he spoke it right back to me. We both filled each other up. These past few days and next week is full of God's work, and I am just hoping I can focus on Him more than His ministry.
The whole "mike died" thing I just don't get. I sure love Jean Marie.
ReplyDeletemike pretty much died because he was so sick. miss you jeff
Delete